Monday, January 18, 2010
I-797 arrived on Saturday!
It's so nice to be pleasantly surprised in ANY part of this journey! I didn't even check the Saturday mail until today and to my disbelief, I see a letter from the USCIS. Sure enough...it's our I-797 approval letter. Way to go, Officer Jones...I knew I liked that lady! We found a notary today and finished up our dossier. Tomorrow morning, I am on my way to Austin for the apostille and then on Wednesday, it's off to the Chinese Embassy. By Friday, our dossier will be on its way to China. I really didn't think we could get this done so quickly (even though at times it felt like an eternity!), so we are very happy to get past this part of the journey.
We got a little update on McKenna and she seems to be doing really well with her foster family. She weighs 26 pounds and is already potty trained (was trained by 18 months!). I actually went shopping for her today with Ava in tow. Ava picked out two of everything! One for her and one for McKenna. The whole shopping experience made me feel a little closer to McKenna. I could actually picture her in the little outfits I bought. I have to say, it was a lot of fun!
After the dossier is sent (DTC), we will wait for our log in date (LID).
I think in the mean time, I will spend more time shopping....:)
We got a little update on McKenna and she seems to be doing really well with her foster family. She weighs 26 pounds and is already potty trained (was trained by 18 months!). I actually went shopping for her today with Ava in tow. Ava picked out two of everything! One for her and one for McKenna. The whole shopping experience made me feel a little closer to McKenna. I could actually picture her in the little outfits I bought. I have to say, it was a lot of fun!
After the dossier is sent (DTC), we will wait for our log in date (LID).
I think in the mean time, I will spend more time shopping....:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment