Vision without action is merely a dream.
Action without vision just passes time.
Vision with action can change the world.

Donate to Grace and Hope in honor of McKenna

Saturday, March 6, 2010

To China With Love....



We are 24 days into our "wait" for LOA. Only 24 days....with at least another 40 days or more to go. After all of the rushing around to prepare the dossier, it's tough to sit back and just wait. Sooooo, what better way to pass the time than RETAIL THERAPY?? I have to admit, I've done quite a bit of that lately. I am working on the girls' room now and promise to post pictures when the room is all complete. I've also been picking things up here and there for McKenna. It sure makes me feel a little closer to her. I think there needs to be "retail therapy" budget in the whole adoption process.

I decided to send McKenna an Easter care package through Ann at Red Threads. The CC@@ requires waiting parents to send care packages through a 3rd party. Our agency finally found out that the packages we sent in December were delivered to McKenna via the Pingnan County orphanage director. Someone from the orphanage visits McKenna once a month in Nanning to check on her. This was great news to hear and knowing that, I feel much better about sending another package. In the care package, I'm also going to add a letter (translated by Ann) and include a self addressed/stamped envelope in hopes that the foster family will send me something back. It worked great for my friend, Nicole, adopting from Nanning as well. It's a great way of getting questions answered by the people who know McKenna the best!

I think we are finally half way there. It's hard to think that we are JUST NOW half way, but as I look back on the last 4 months, I can honestly say this journey has been quite amazing. This little girl has changed me, already, and though the wait is brutally hard, I know the best is yet to come.

3 comments:

  1. Okay I just walked in the door from Target! I have hit a new record in there!...But I have to say you defintely out did me! Ha!
    By the way I love the dog!!!!!
    I have decided to order some things for the foster fam and a couple of disposable cameras for Pei.
    Ava is in my lap and looking at your photo yelling Nick!She is going to love you on the plane!!!!!
    Call me I am ready for my 101 on sundresses!
    Nic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this the hardest wait? Today was day 40 for our wait to LOA! I did a little retail therapy myself today and bought Luke about 4 outfits! :)

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikki,

    The letters I had in Joy's room were bought off of ebay. I wish I could remember the ID of the person that did them, but I can't. She would custom paint them however you wanted them. I bet you could find someone on there that would do it for you. I emailed her a picture of Joy's bedding and she matched it up from that! Good luck and have fun decorating!

    Oh, and we have really similiar adoption stats. Our LOI was 10/21/09, PA 10/27/09 and DTC was 1/18/10 and LID 1/29/10. All of my stats are listed under the Journey to Me site which is linked on my sidebar where it says Journey to Luke.

    Have a great day!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete